In only a few short years, Clarisonic has changed the way we care for our skin. The company’s popular beauty devices utilize sonic technology to improve skin quality. When used correctly, cleansing brushes can remove six times more makeup and two times more dirt and oil than washing with soap and water alone. With that in mind, here are five Clarisonic tips that I give my clients for a better experience.
1. Keep it charged. The good news is that these gadgets have a lot of endurance. I get an average of around 20 uses off a full charge. Because effectiveness can taper off when the device runs low on battery power, charging is one of my top Clarisonic tips.
2. Don’t push too hard. Because they rely on sonic technology, there’s absolutely no reason to press the bristles forcefully into your face. In fact, if you do, the bristles will stop moving, and the device will not work as intended. All you have to do is simply touch them to your face, and the oscillation will take care of the rest!
3. Get the right brush head. Another reason some folks don’t get the results they desire with Clarisonic is that they use the wrong brush head. The company has at least three different heads that are designed for people with different skin types. For example, someone with extremely sensitive skin would obviously need their Sensitive Brush Head. Using the wrong brush head or using any of them too frequently can cause irritation.
4. Use in conjunction with other beauty products. Contrary to popular belief, devices from Clarisonic are not intended to replace your entire skincare regimen. You should still, for example, remove your makeup with daily cleansers and use a moisturizer to get the best results.
5. Get the timing down. Because the brush oscillates at a rate of 250 to 300 times per second, it works quickly. According to the manufacturer, it only takes two minutes to deep clean your entire face. As someone who uses it on clients regularly, I can confirm that 120 seconds is all the device needs to remove dirt and oil from the pores. Any longer than that, in fact, may cause skin irritation.
Follow my simple Clarisonic tips to get the best possible results when using the popular skin cleansing system.